Plants that I have already planted

Plants that I have already planted

Artichokes, Arugula, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Camellia sinensis (Green tea-I am still waiting for the seeds to germinate), Chard, Cilantro, Corn, Cucumber, Garlic, Green Onions, Horse radish, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mint, Onions (bunch and sweet onions), Peas, Peppers, Potatoes, Soy beans, Spinach, Squash, Stevia (sweet leaves), Strawberries and Tomatoes


Plants/Trees that I planted in previous seasons

Asparagus, Blueberries, Cactus, Nectarines, Oranges, Pluots, Rosemarry, Raspberries/Blackberries, Rhubarb, Sage, Thyme

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

(swiss chard)
Today was a sad day, there was something wrong with one of the chickens and it appeared to be sufferring, so I put it out of it’s missery by snapping it’s neck The kids didn’t understand but I tried to explain to them that it is part of life on the farm. I had eggs and potatoes for breakfast, and I got beef from my parents in exchange for some veggies so I had some beef along with my greens for lunch. The beef hit the spot. I harvested potatoes, kohlrabi, bok choi, broccoli, beets, snap peas, strawberries, onions and summer squash. It was a great harvest in the garden, even though we are down a faithful soldier. My son also seemed to enjoy the harvest today more than most. It was the first time that he helped me harvest potatoes, which he loved since all he had to do was stick his hands in some compost and pull out the tubers!

No comments:

Post a Comment